No products in the cart.
Rowing Machine Benefits
When entering a fitness facility, you might ignore the rowing machine benefits that you can get from such machine. This is true for most people who visit the gym or any fitness club. Since rowers are rare to find in these places. The first workout machines that you usually see are treadmills or elliptical trainers. However, when you try finding a rower, trainers might even guide you to an isolated place where no one usually goes.
You will be surprised by how much calories this machine can burn compared to the usual ones you use when visiting a gym. So, let’s take a closer look at rowing machine benefits. The following are some of the main benefits that it can offer:
- Rowing provides a calorie burning power of around 10 to 15 percent more of what cycling and running alone can do.
- This workout machine provides an overall body workout that involves more muscles which then results in burning more calories.
- The primary muscles that benefit from rowing are the hamstrings, quadriceps and gluteal muscles . Aside from these, your arms, back and shoulders are also able to work all at once.
- It helps in core strengthening as the entire motion involves the abdominal.
- Since the machine used is considered best for low impact exercise, it is highly recommended for those suffering from joint problems.
- A person weighing 185 pounds can burn around 380 calories if he gets into a rowing machine for 30 minutes. This is higher than an hour of cycling at high speed.
- Keeping the rowing machine at a low speed lets the body attain an aerobic state of workout. This will help in improving the function of your heart, lungs and the rest of the circulatory system.
- You can increase the intensity by creating tighter resistance. Hence, this will increase the amount of calories that you can burn for every session.
When trying to achieve rowing machine benefits, the recommended period of time that you can allot is around 20 minutes. The first 5 minutes is meant for warming up and the last 5 minutes is for cooling down. The rest of the 15 minutes is enough to enjoy a high intensity workout, which makes it more suitable for those who lack the time working out for longer periods. You can also adjust the intervals in between sessions to get the workout session at its finest.
You can try choosing this workout machine every time you visit the gym. Therefore, get the best possible results in burning calories. This is a great option especially when trying to do a lot of calorie burning in a short period of time. However, you can also use a rowing machine in your home. They are very convenient and can be store it anywhere in your home. This way, you don’t need to visit the gym. Home Fitness Garage is one of the best places where you can find the best rowing machines. Go get the rowing machine benefits like the ones mentioned above!